Your score on the math placement test determines which math class you will be placed in. First of all, you need to make sure you do your best to prepare.
- Before the test, revise basic mathematics concepts, algebra and geometry, as well as calculus. Devote some time to order of operations, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions. Inequalities matter too. The best thing you can do is to review as many topics as you can.
- It’s crucial to practice questions and look through examples.
- During the test, take your time and be sure to understand the task clearly.
- Don’t treat the test as a complete nightmare. Its goal is just to determine which concepts you’re good at and which ones need more time and effort.
- After the test, don’t worry about the score. It will simply show which class is right for you. Being placed in the right class, you won’t struggle with concepts that are too hard for your current level of knowledge.